The World Languages Institute (WLI) provides K-12 language teachers with a graduate-level core program in pedagogy reflecting the New Jersey Student Learning Standard for World Languages and the National Standards for Second Language Teaching.
- Our Methods of Foreign Language Teaching K-12 is approved for New Jersey state certification.
- Graduate courses in Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish cover topics such as civilization, culture, grammar, linguistics, and literature.
- WLI students have the opportunity to enroll in a Master of Arts for Teachers degree program, which may be completed in two to three summers.
- Credits acquired through the WLI are applicable to the New Jersey 20-hour per year professional development requirement and/or may be accepted for state certification.
Participants in the World Languages Institute . . . .
- Share ideas and teaching experiences with their K-12 colleagues.
- Increase their knowledge of teaching methodology.
- Enhance their written and verbal skills in their target language.
- Develop thematic units of age-appropriate classroom materials.
- Learn how to incorporate the latest technology into their classes.
- Check out our WLI VIDEO SERIES to view our courses in action!
- Read STUDENT TESTIMONIALS for what our students are saying about us!