Announcing the Spring 2021 Rutgers Translate-A-Thon
The Rutgers translate-a-thon is an annual event dedicated to bringing together students and speakers of many different languages around short-term translation projects that benefit the RU community and beyond. All you need to participate are your language skills, curiosity, and a laptop if you have one! Past projects include:
- Translating poetry and community partners’ documents from Spanish to English and English to Spanish
- Localizing video games
- Subtitling Russian TV series and films for use in the classroom
- Translating Wikipedia articles from French and English into Arabic, in partnership with Ideas Beyond Borders
- Translating K-pop lyrics, tweets, and Korean poetry into English
- Translating RU Writing Program documents, Chinese to English and English to Chinese
- … and more!
For more information, visit the Translate-A-Thon Website!
The World Languages Institute: Pathway to Career Advancement for Novice and Experienced K-12 Language Educators
Our graduate-level core program in pedagogy reflects the New Jersey Student Learning Standard for World Languages and the World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages. We also offer Graduate courses in Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish that cover topics such as civilization, culture, grammar, linguistics, and literature. Our students also have the opportunity to obtain a Master of Arts for Teachers in as few as two or three academic cycles, including summers.