The Language Center (TLC), under the direction of the SAS Humanities Dean, offers video digitization and hosting services as instructional support for SAS Humanities courses.
- Digitization of DVD and VHS materials (University/instructor owned)
- Secure media file storage and distribution to students
- Streaming media integration for Learning Management Systems
- Storage, distribution, and LMS integration for already digitized media files (University/instructor owned)
- Media sourcing and acquisition assistance
DVDs and VHS tapes borrowed from RU Libraries also can be digitized. To determine if a title is available through the RU Libraries, follow these instructions:
- Visit the Library Catalog.
- Enter your video title in the search bar.
- Select the "Videos" filter from the "Resource Type" expandable menu on the left.
- Click the title of a result for more details.
Please note: many titles are available streaming online and do not need digitization. If a "View Online" option appears in the details of a title, this link can be distributed to students for viewing.
If you have DVD or VHS titles that you would like digitized, OR if you have digital files that you would like TLC to store and distribute for you, please fill out the Digital Media Request form.
Any questions about video digitization and hosting should be sent to