Additional Course Offerings: See Core Curriculum
ONLINE, 5/31 - 8/17/22
Advanced Spanish Grammar & Stylistics
ONLINE, TTH, 4:00-6:00PM; 5/31 - 6/24/22
This course will review several points of Spanish grammar in context. It is designed to analyze and practice grammatical concepts as well as to recognize and use specific advanced structures in the Spanish language. The course further focuses on the development of formal linguistic skills through explicit grammar instruction, reading original texts by contemporary authors, and developing the link between literature and culture through writing and conversation. That is, this class, conducted in Spanish, will emphasize some specific, formal aspects of Spanish grammar in context.
Goals/objectives: Students will...
- demonstrate control of grammatical structures and stylistic expression in Spanish in context;
- recognize and identity the distinct levels of discourse and register, and the contexts in which the apply;
- produce written texts that demonstrate the use and control of grammar in different discursive forms;
- expand their knowledge of vocabulary and grammar through practice in both spoken and written Spanish;
- compare instances of teaching grammar a various levels;
- deliver a final project, suitable for inclusion in the Capstone Portfolio, that reflects an understanding and application of various levels of discourse;
- or a project based in their subdiscipline such as translation or interpreting;
- and is appropriate for a specific level of instruction, or some aspect of grammatical style appropriate for their discipline.
HISPANIC LEGENDS: FACT OR FICTION
ONLINE, MTTH, 9:00-1:05PM; 6/27 - 7/22/22
PREREQ: 940:331 OR 940:332 OR 940:333 OR 940:334 OR 940:335 OR 940:336 OR PERMISSION OF DEPT.